The Top Six Reasons to Enroll in an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Your HVAC equipment is vital to a sense of comfort and healthy indoor air. The furnace and air conditioner work tirelessly in the background, heating, cooling, regulating the humidity and filtering your indoor air. Lots of homeowners take these functions for granted until they’re suddenly left without them. If your air conditioning has ever stopped working on a sweltering summer day, or the furnace has failed during a blizzard, you understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner likes to deal with urgent repairs, a spike in energy bills or problems with their sense of comfort. What if there was a way to guarantee an uninterrupted supply of healthy, conditioned air when you want it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in. Like getting an oil change for your car, consistent tune-ups are vital for keeping your HVAC system up and running. And to get the most from each maintenance visit, you should think about enrolling in an HVAC maintenance contract.
This contract is an arrangement between you and a trusted HVAC contractor. Membership takes the guesswork out of HVAC service by providing routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled visits and other perks. An HVAC maintenance contract isn’t required to schedule tune-ups with Winnipeg Supply Service Experts, but we highly recommend enrolling. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automated Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busy, so it’s not hard to forget about scheduling furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent friendly reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unsure of why HVAC maintenance is so beneficial, check out these benefits:
- Uncover minor problems early: Issues with your heating and cooling tend to develop gradually. When a technician inspects the internal components annually, it’s possible to pinpoint and resolve little problems before they turn into big headaches.
- Lower the risk of equipment failures: By fixing that loose fan belt and evening out the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance appointment, the chance of a mid-season breakdown decreases.
- Lower repair costs: Planned HVAC maintenance is an affordable, predictable amount that reduces the need for many major repairs.
- Improve energy efficiency: The Department of Energy reports that yearly maintenance can increase HVAC efficiency by close to 30%, bringing down your heating and cooling bills at the same time.
- Encourage home comfort: When your home comfort system functions the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for consistent temperatures and more balanced humidity throughout the house.
- Extend the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can last years longer compared to a neglected one, saving you on premature replacement expenses.
- Provide safety: An equipment and safety evaluation during every visit offers peace of mind that your HVAC system is running as intended.
- Adhere to your warranty: The bulk of HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance to such a degree that they require annual tune-ups to keep your warranty in good standing. Investing a little in maintenance now protects you from pricey repairs that your warranty will cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance agreement puts you at the front of the line when you call to request an emergency repair. You can usually expect same-day service—even for nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning to replace your HVAC system? An HVAC contract allows access to the most rapid installs feasible, even during the busiest weeks.
4. Discount on Repairs and Services
Routine maintenance decreases the need for repair calls, but if your system needs some professional attention, having an HVAC maintenance contract entitles you to a 15% discount. You’ll also have access to 15% off indoor air quality products, including pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
HVAC repairs are sometimes necessary, but they can get expensive fast. Fortunately, with an HVAC membership, you’ll never have to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour service calls.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you be sure the technician has performed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the work leaves you disappointed, your technician will return to set things right.
Enroll in an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Winnipeg Supply Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Check out what each plan features and get in touch with our staff to help you figure out the best plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to address any questions you have before registering. For more information about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to request a tune-up, please contact your local Winnipeg Supply Service Experts office today.