Imagine it’s a scorching hot summer day, and your AC unit quits out of the blue. You make phone calls for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps getting hotter and hotter while you wait for an HVAC specialist to arrive. Talk about a nightmare!
Regular air conditioner maintenance is an important tool in preventing this situation. But how do you know when it’s time for a tune-up? And, is it really worth scheduling an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem like it has a problem? Find out why taking a proactive philosophy is the answer to keeping you and your AC unit cool under pressure.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner working efficiently, HVAC specialists highly recommend servicing it no less than once each year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit continues to be in optimal condition, protecting against potential issues and extending its life span.
As for which month on the calendar is best to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the best season. This allows you to address growing issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your system runs smoothly throughout the whole summer.
However, if spring has come and gone, and you didn't have time to schedule AC service, don’t wait for another 12 months. When it comes to making the most out of cooling abilities in your AC unit with preventive maintenance, it’s better to give your system a checkup whenever you can.
What Does AC Service Involve?
An air conditioning tune-up is a thorough process involving various steps. This is why DIY maintenance is not suggested. Here are some key aspects of the work conducted during a routine service visit:
- Careful inspection: The technician carefully looks through your AC unit for potential problems53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The technician uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other components to ensure your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to decrease friction and lessen wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to support safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Replacing the filter increases air quality and helps the unit run more efficiently. HVAC professionals recommend doing this in your own system every couple of months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your cooling specialist will run a test cycle to make sure the system turns on, operates and shuts down properly.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many homeowners wonder if routine maintenance is worth the investment. The fact is, routine air conditioner tune-ups help achieve better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit requires less electricity to keep your home cool, resulting in lower utility expenses and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s much easier to spot potential issues early when a technician thoroughly inspects your HVAC system every spring. An easy repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid costly and inconvenient breakdowns during the hot months.
- Higher air quality: A clean AC system translates into better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car last longer, routine AC service extends the life of your air conditioning system, saving you on premature replacement expenses.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Air conditioning maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should think of it as an investment, not an unnecessary expense. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility bills, complicated and expensive repairs or the cost of buying a new system.
To optimize your savings, think about signing up for a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll lower the risk of breakdowns and improve energy efficiency for ongoing savings. Choose from three different plans to accommodate your needs and budget. You’ll enjoy several benefits no matter which one you choose, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans come with once-a-year AC tune-ups, ensuring your system stays in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when scheduling appointments, even during the highest call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, and extra discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your peace of mind, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for one year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Clearly, regular AC maintenance is crucial for enhancing performance and ensuring home comfort. Schedule an annual visit, if at all possible in the spring, to avoid breakdowns and savor numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts has long been the top choice, with certified Experts, wide-ranging maintenance plans and a commitment to customer satisfaction. Trust your air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your property cool and comfortable all year. To learn more or set up your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.