Prevention is the most important step. Completing correct safety precautions will lower your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Edmonton.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Warm up your car out of your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours going in the restricted space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills for heat. These appliances are safe when operated properly but can make carbon monoxide when on for an extensive period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, since it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a professional. This confirms chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected appropriately.
- Confirm gas appliances are running accurately, particularly your furnace. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe comfort by requesting regular furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.