Your heating and cooling system is essential to a comfortable home and healthy indoor air. The furnace and air conditioner work around the clock in the background, heating, cooling, managing the humidity and filtering your home's indoor air. A lot of homeowners take this functionality for granted until they're suddenly left without them. If your air conditioner has ever broken down on a sweltering summer day, or the furnace can't generate enough heat during a blizzard, you know what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner likes to deal with urgent repairs, high energy bills or problems with their sense of comfort. What if you had a way to ensure a constant supply of healthy, climate controlled air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes into play. Like obtaining an oil change for your car, regularly scheduled tune-ups are essential for keeping your HVAC system up and running. And to get the most from each maintenance visit, you should think about enrolling in an HVAC maintenance contract.
This plan is an arrangement between you and an HVAC contractor. Participation takes the uncertainty out of HVAC service by supplying routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled appointments and other advantages. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't mandatory to schedule tune-ups with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, but we highly encourage signing up. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automatic Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets hectic, so it’s easy to forget about setting up furnace maintenance for the fall and air conditioning maintenance before the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll get friendly reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re not sure why HVAC maintenance is so important, consider these benefits:
- Expose smaller problems early on: Issues with your HVAC equipment often form slowly. When a technician inspects the internal components each year, it’s possible to locate and take care of smaller problems before they turn into big headaches.
- Reduce the risk of breakdowns: By securing that loose fan belt and evening out the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance call, the likelihood of a mid-season breakdown goes down.
- Saving on repair costs: Scheduled HVAC maintenance is an affordable, foreseeable amount that eliminates the need for many major repairs.
- Enhance energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that yearly maintenance can boost HVAC efficiency by close to 30%, lowering your heating and cooling bills in the process.
- Increase home comfort: When your home comfort system functions the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for pleasant temperatures and more manageable humidity in every room.
- Lengthen the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can survive for years longer compared to a neglected one, saving you on early replacement costs.
- Provide safety: An equipment and safety inspection during every visit grants peace of mind that your heating and cooling system is working as intended.
- Adhere to your warranty: The bulk of HVAC manufacturers prioritize preventive maintenance to such a degree that they require once-a-year tune-ups to keep your warranty in good standing. Investing a little in upkeep now protects you from costly repairs that your warranty should cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance contract puts you at the front of the line when you schedule an emergency repair. You can often expect same-day service—even for nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Thinking about replacing your heating and cooling system? An HVAC agreement allows access to the most rapid installs available, even during the most hectic weeks.
4. Marked Down Repairs and Services
Preventive maintenance reduces the need for repair calls, but if your system needs some attention, having an HVAC maintenance contract provides a 15% discount. You’ll also have access to 15% off indoor air quality products, like pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Heating and cooling repairs are in some cases necessary, but they can get costly fast. Fortunately, with an HVAC membership, you’ll never have to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour service calls.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you know the technician has completed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the final product leave you unhappy, your technician will return to correct things.
Enroll in an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Check out what each plan provides and contact our staff to help you choose the best plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to respond to any questions you have before signing up. For more info about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to request a tune-up, please contact your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office today.