Air conditioners don’t run indefinitely, despite the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are some points to think over, in addition to the advantages of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer before making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it along with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can usually wait.
- What kind of air conditioner are you getting? A lot of homeowners are getting rid of their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This saves energy and maximizes comfort by working at multiple speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to realize the complete comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide the right air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the right amount of air to keep your house comfortable. An updated air conditioner could require a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can determine that static pressure of your system and give the proper recommendation.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your bank account if you get new units at the same time.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are properly sized, there aren’t often any large short-term outcomes. A mismatched setup is often a stopgap until the other system stops working. You can skip the temporary patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll get these rewards:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything operates at the highest efficiency, making your family more comfortable and lowering your monthly utility costs.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you get a new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may break down for good. In the interim, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have gone toward an updated furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both installed during the same appointment. And you might even qualify for a special deal because you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We realize the expense of replacing your complete system may concern you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special coupons or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and just one small monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs later on are included!*
Rest assured that our team is completely trained, experienced and ACE-certified to ensure a job done right the first time. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 587-404-0790 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.