Summer is usually a hectic time of year for many people in Edmonton. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long-awaited vacation or any variety of other exciting activities, summer not only brings about full schedules, but that dreaded Edmonton heat as well.
We know you’ve already taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs long before summer came, so what else can you do to keep cool during those days where you can’t go to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a few tips:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Edmonton heat is a requirement. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you do not have to worry about it going out in the heat of the summer. Give Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 587-404-0790 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make sure that your air conditioner is working at its best in the Edmonton heat.
- Stay in air conditioning as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this difficult, but if you are able to take a couple-minute break and take advantage an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do so.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't consider yourself thirsty, as thirst can be an early warning of dehydration. If you begin noticing muscle cramps, take a few moments to rest as it may also be an early sign of dehydration or a different heat-related illness.
- Take special measures when planning outdoor activities. Any type of workout or athletic practices should be held earlier or later in the day when the Edmonton temperatures are lower.
- Dress to stay cooler in higher temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best options.
- Keep your shower or bath a little cooler than typical. It can help you cool down a bit sooner so you can get back to reveling in your home’s air conditioning.