Scheduling yearly AC maintenance is helpful.
Maintenance keeps your air conditioning system in Edmonton running at peak performance while keeping electricity consumption low. It also could even help prolong its life span.
While there are a few tasks you can do by yourself, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC checks and maintenance.
Here are a couple steps you can do by yourself as you get ready for cooling season.
Get Your AC Checkup Booked
Spring is a time of renewal, and to many that entails a hefty dose of house, garage and yard cleaning. With the hotter temps near, it’s also a great idea to put AC upkeep on that listing.
Spring is the perfect season to get your cooling equipment freshened and checked out. Hesitating to flip it on until the first hot day of the year can be a gamble. If you have to have service or replacement, you may be waiting awhile for a tech. And that may turn very uncomfortable.
And for those with allergies, being ahead of the game with a freshened air conditioning system will help ensure the best indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Plus, air conditioning maintenance may be required for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Complete a Tune-Up on My Own?
There are methods that you can do to help keep your air conditioning equipment in the best condition:
- Change your air filter advises each month or two. This is particularly important if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have animals in your residence.
- Lawn upkeep around the outside condenser. Ensure the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes near your air conditioning system. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of open room. You should also clear any leaves or twigs that have dropped into your unit, as this can block airflow.
Let the Pros Manage the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 587-404-0790, the first thing we could do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already finished. Then our Experts start the finer details. We’ll examine your system and make sure it’s running like it should with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to deliver safe operation.
- Lubrication to keep moving parts working like they should and potentially skip malfunctions.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to remove leak-inducing mold and obstructions.
- Aligning coil fins to stay clear of limited airflow.
- Cleansing the outside coil to eliminate any blockage from dirt and grass.
- Inspecting controls to double check your system is starting, cooling and shutting off properly.
- Checking the operating temperature parameters to establish your system has the right refrigeration charge.
If we uncover issues that involve extra service, we are set to offer you the most reasonable option. Pinpointing potential problems in a timely manner could solve bigger troubles down the road. This also offers you time to save if your equipment is aging.
When you are seeking a modern air conditioner to help make your new system work for your budget. Regardless of what your comfort needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts have you covered.
Ready to schedule your checkup? Contact us at 587-404-0790 or schedule an appointment online now.